Validation Test Engineer
Traction Power System
- Location: Geneva , Switzerland
- Career Category: Information technology, Process, Quality management, Environmental health & safety, Research, Development, Design, Engineering
Role Summary / Purpose
Sécheron is a leading global supplier of electrical and electronic safety components and solutions and traction power systems for the railway industry and also provides solutions for renewable energy, DC grid, and other industrial systems.
In support of the global growth we are seeking a Validation Test Engineer for the Business Unit Traction Power System :
- Lead test equipment software and hardware design in order to ensure and supervise the validation of new embedded software for our protection and control equipment (analyze requirements, define test scenario and assessment criteria).
- Responsible for the development of testing equipment (for development and production) which include electrical design, automation software development, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects including documentation.
- System design with the ability to plan, specify and carry out the development of new test systems from quote through acceptance.
- Development and maintenance of electrical test benches for control power electronic converters in the range of 5kW of power.
- Integration validation tests of controls of power electronic converters.
- Responsible for the qualification (EMC, safety, climatic and mechanical tests) of all electronic equipment according to IEC 60255-1, EN 50121standards.
- Engineering University degree in Electronics / Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Eletrical satefty training would be a plus.
- Technical competencies and experience for at least 1 year in the fields of test practices, electronics (analog and digital) and electrotechnology.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Basic knowledge and experience in definition and control of manufacturing processes.
- You are a team worker with excellent communication skills and you have deep knowledge in manufacturing test methods and equipment.
- You are able to connect into a small team and project setup quickly, but equally capable to work independently.
- You have good communication and intercultural skills and you are mature, flexible, technology agnostic and stress-resistant, with some travel request.
What We Offer
We are an international company offering good social conditions and a great working environment and atmosphere.
Please apply to the following email : HR.Geneva@secheron.com
Apply Today * required
- Sécheron SA - Geneva, Switzerland
- HR department
Rue du Pré-Bouvier 25
1242 Satigny – Geneva
- +41 22 739 41 11