- Location: Manchester , United Kingdom
- Career Category: Research, Development, Design, Engineering
Role Summary / Purpose
Sécheron is a leading global supplier of electrical and electronic safety components and solutions and traction power systems for the railway industry and also provides solutions for renewable energy, DC grid, and other industrial systems.
In support of the global growth we are seeking a Simulation Engineer :
- Perform finite element analyses to aid in design and validation of new products.
- Primary focus is mechanical FE simulations using MSC software to model welded/bolted joints, fatigue, proof stresses, and safety factors according to railway norms and best practices.
- Secondary focus may include electro-magnetic simulations using Ansys Maxwell.
- Master’s degree in mechanical FE simulation or 3-5 years of experience in FE for mechanical validation
- AC Medium / High voltage as a plus
- English: ability to create high-quality written reports for clients
- French: beneficial but not required
- Quick learner, ability to work independently
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to think creatively and critically to resolve simulation challenges and work efficiently
- Experience with MSC Nastran/Apex/Patran is strongly advantageous and with analysis of welded joints and fatigue is advantageous
- Familiarity with Python programming is beneficial and with electrical/magnetic simulations is beneficial.
What We Offer
We are an international company offering good social conditions and a great working environment and atmosphere.
Apply Today * required
- Sécheron Hasler UK - Manchester
- HR department
Unit A2, Brookside Business Park
Manchester – M24 1GS