- Location: Poligono "Los Olivos", Getafe, Madrid , Spain
- Career Category: Project management
Role Summary / Purpose
HaslerRail AG continues the Bernese tradition of over 100 years in the field of railway technology. We are a leader in the development and manufacturing of electrical engineering equipment for public transport. The name Hasler is a worldwide synonymous with Swiss Quality and represents a leading reference for the state of the art products supplied to the market.
HaslerRail AG is based in Berne-Bümpliz and is looking for a dynamic and motivated Project Manager to reinforce the team in Madrid, place where the selected candidate will develop the activity as part of the Sécheron Hasler Ibérica’s team.
- The candidate will be in charge of managing the portfolio of projects until the warranty stage once the handover process from previous phases is performed.
- Supporting the customer throughout all the stages of the project, detecting opportunities for improving the project margin and increase the customer satisfaction are key assignments for the position.
- Flawless management of the project respect to the contractual obligations is a must for the position. Regular Project Management techniques to be applied.
- Informs the rest of the organization about significant issues following the corresponding escalation processes.
- For new project, the project manager will be responsible for the work breakdown structure, detailed project schedule, project risk, opportunity and improvement management, Project Launch, Change management and contractual obligation management, budget allocation and monitoring, Project Reporting internally both status and financial performance;
- Develops project timelines, action plans and budgets with milestone dates for completion of work. Meets with contractors and customer to ensure project is completed according to schedule. Work with Project Sponsor and stakeholders to create the project scope, goals, and deliverables to complete the project
- Have the authority and the obligation to review the effort of the project core team members and to give directives related to the project execution.
- Be responsible for management of all communication with the Customer. Negotiates with the customer to determine the cost, terms, and conditions of change orders.
- Coordinate with various departments within the organization to collect project requirements, including project milestones and budgets
- Managing and leading the project team. Managing co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work.
- Detailed project planning and control.
- Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
- Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Providing status reports to the project sponsor.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Notify account teams early of potential budget overages or shortfalls;
- Resolving cross-functional issues at project level. Keep track of open issues/bugs. Recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary. Present findings and status reports to management.
- Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
- Ability for short-term travel (2 – 10 days) as need.
- Industrial Engineering Degree or Industrial Organization Degree.
- PMP certification (CAPM or PMP) would be considered as a valuable asset.
- Demonstrable experience in Project Management Life Cycle and Project Management techniques.
- Knowledge of general terms and conditions in railway contracts.
- Demonstrable experience in Project Schedule Tools
- Working experience on maintenance environments is valuable.
- Strong system analysis skills.
- Experience managing multi-functional teams is a plus.
- Experience with Master Schedules, Work Breakdown Structures, and development of other contract deliverables (CDRLs) will be valued.
- Work experience managing multiple customers is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to identify possible risks/issues/problems and apply critical thinking skills to volunteer possible solutions and plans of action.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural / multi-language environment
- Ability to communicate issues clearly to both business and technology professionals.
- Strong People Management Skills and Customer Interaction skills.
- English Communication Skills are excellent, both written and spoken
- German is a valuable asset for the position.
Apply Today * required
- Sécheron Hasler Ibérica - Spain
- HR department
Poligono “Los Olivos”