Electrical Design Engineer
- Location: Poligono "Los Olivos", Getafe, Madrid , Spain
- Career Category: Research, Development, Design, Engineering
Role Summary / Purpose
Sécheron is a leading global supplier of electrical and electronic safety components and solutions and traction power systems for the railway industry and also provides solutions for renewable energy, DC grid, and other industrial systems.
In support of the global growth we are seeking a Power Electronic Engineer or Electrical Engineer for the Business Unit Traction Power System:
- Technical support to customer projects and sales departments
- Study, dimensioning and specification of electric equipment and power converters (rectifiers, inverters, transformers, filters, etc.) related to railway traction application according to relevant standards (EN, IEC, ANSI, IEEE)
- Calculation of short-circuit currents, definition of earthing systems and stray currents assessment
- Research and validation of components and subsets, semiconductors, magnetics, fuses, …
- Network power simulation for railway (metro, tramway, train) and coordination of protections
- Willingness to learn and meet standards, active participation to committees
- Design tests and type tests supervision
- Preparation of folders RAMS, AMDEC and LCC according to standards
- Minimum 5 years successful experience as power electrical engineer in one of the following fields (Railway application; Electric power distribution high/middle voltage)
- Industrial power converter experience.
- MSc/PhD in Electrical Engineering or Power Electronic Engineering,
focused on Power & Energy
- English level minimum B2 (French is a plus)
- Good knowledge with MATLAB/SIMULINK user.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, outgoing personality
- Ambition to solve complex problems from a blank sheet
- Strong communication skills, committed to satisfy customers
What We Offer
- We are an international company offering good social conditions and a great working environment and atmosphere.
- Competitive salary according to candidate experience.
Apply Today * required
- Sécheron Hasler Ibérica - Spain
- HR department
Poligono “Los Olivos”